Job opportunities that come to our attention are posted here as a service to members. Please send job announcements to Phil Freshman.
Currently, there is one job opportunity available.
College Art Association
Publications and Programs Editor
Based in New York City, the College Art Association (CAA) has more than 9,000 members worldwide; the majority of them are curators, art historians, scholars, visual artists, and designers.
The Publications and Programs Editor works on CAA’s peer-reviewed publications to ensure that the highest standards of publishing are maintained:
- Copyedits and proofreads texts for caa.reviews
- Acts a primary liaison to commissioning editors and reviewers for caa.reviews
- Copyedits reviews for The Art Bulletin and Art Journal and proofreads AJO
- Working with the Programs Department, copyedits and proofreads content for CAS’s annual conference (held each February) and other program publications
- Copyedits and proofreads other CAA materials
- Ensures that reviews are in compliance with CAA publication policies, including conflict of interest guidelines
- Attends editorial board meetings
- Attends and works at the annual conference, which may involve one week’s travel each year
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in art history
- Strong proficiency in Chicago Manual of Style (a copyediting test will be given)
- Excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, communication, and time- and project-management skills
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a copyeditor
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Track Changes, Excel, and basic Web editing
- Ability to work resourcefully and adapt to changing needs within the department
- Some night and weekend work may be required
This position is full-time salaried, with benefits.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to Joan Strasbaugh via email (with “Publications and Programs Editor” and applicant’s last name in subject line) at
JStrasbaugh@collegeart.org. Phone inquiries will not be accepted.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please include the names and contact information for three references who can speak to your qualifications and ability to perform the tasks requested.
The College Art Association is an equal-opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or political affiliation.
Posted on this site 02/05/19.